First, I would like to thank The Cozied Reader, for nominating me (and saving me from a blank page this week!) Check out her blog, a great place for readers, writers and everyone in between who like their reviews frank and funny. Thanks again! Here we go:
This award was created by Okoto Enigma. The explanation included on her blog is:
The “Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Three things about me…
- I’m an indie writer of speculative fiction and just published my first book (YAY!)
- Despite loving historical fantasy, I’ve come to Game of Thrones very late (as in right now!). Please, no spoilers…😉
- Besides my family and my writing, travel is my greatest passion. And there’s nothing like a long plane ride and a “stack” of books on my Kindle!
Questions from The Cozied Reader:
- Who was the first character you developed a bookish crush on? I can’t remember the first, but the most lasting has been Jamie Fraser from the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. Smart, funny, strong, and not threatened by a strong woman. And the Scottish accent (that I imagined and then got to hear on the Starz series) is just a bonus!
- Who is your favorite villain? I don’t know that I have one. But I do have a soft spot for charming rogues who mean well but do it all wrong.
- What’s your dream vacation? A self-guided tour of the British Isles for a month. I can only ever get away for ten days at most.
- What’s a book you hated that everyone else seemed to love? I have an issue with Gone, Girl by Gillian Flynn because I’m not a fan of stories with character who have no redeemable qualities.
- What dystopian novel/reality (Ex: 1984, Brave New World, Unwind) do you think the world is getting closer to becoming like? The Hunger Games. All our love of reality TV where people are treated badly, or people are willing to do anything to be famous. That kind of thinking leads to gladiator games.
Participation is not required, but it is fun.
Friendly fairy tales, Spooky Mrs. Green, Ari Meghlen, Rachel Farrimond, Psychologistmimi, journalistgeocultures.com, Life in the Realm of Fantasy, Worst Selling Author, Ian Gregoire, The World According to Dina, Streets of Salem,
Questions for the Nominees:
- What book can you read again and again?
- Stand alone? Duology? Trilogy? Series? Which do you prefer?
- What book made you into a reader?
- Create the craziest cross genre mash-up and give your story a title.
- Name a book you would love to see on TV. Cast the leads.
…And here is a link to my best post! An oldie, but a goodie.
Thanks for reading my blog 🙂